Northern Explorer Train Tour
- Duration: 3 Days
- Product code: Northexplorer18
This remarkable, ever-changing daytime journey between Auckland & Wellington takes you into the North Island’s heartland, through lush green farmland, native forests, over stunning river gorges and across New Zealand’s volcanic plateau.
The train passes over 25 major bridges and through 14 tunnels, and also traverses the famous Raurimu Spiral just North of National Park.
The journey through Tongariro National Park, with its three spectacular volcanic mountains – Tongariro, Ngāuruhoe and Ruapehu – is a highlight, a place of extremes and surprises, where snow-blanketed fields, ancient lava flows and dense beech forests can be seen side by side.
On the Northern Explorer you wont miss a thing. Capture amazing views from the open-air viewing deck, or through panoramic sky view windows in new air-conditioned carriages. Sit back and relax with our delicious food and beverages from the licensed on board cafe, and listen to GPS triggered at-seat commentary as you journey through some of NZ's most stunning scenery.
- Deluxe Coach Transport: New Plymouth – Auckland
- Deluxe Coach Transport: Wellington – New Plymouth
- Northern Explorer Train Trip: Auckland - Wellington
- One night in 4 Star accommodation – Central Auckland
- One night in 4 star accommodation - Central Wellington
- Amazing sights & photo opportunities
For a copy of the full itinerary please contact us
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or P: 06 755 1525